CLEAR.WATER.SKY. FORUMS
Recreation & Family

Home Forums Recreation & Family The 'ol Family Picnic

- []

This forum contains 5 topics and 10 replies, and was last updated by Profile photo of George Stathis George Stathis 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing Conversation:

The 'ol Family Picnic

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I’m not sure if I love or hate this idea. On the one hand I’d like to take the family out for a picnic… on the other hand, I’d rather take the family out for a hike.

A paradox.

Anyway, around here the best spot for easy access and a clearing in the woods would probably be Shabbona Park, or even Lake Shabbona – which is surprisingly nice in the spring and summer – just have to watch out for goose poop.

The river area at starved rock is nice, plus it’s easy acces to trails for those who want to hike. Best of both worlds

Kick butt – we’ll check that out. I can’t even imagine what it’s like out by you.

Yeah, there are Park grills there and picknick tables, as well as a playground. On a side note, there is a boat ramp, and at times the river is good walleye and smallmouth fishing.

It is incredible out here, but don’t take starved rock for granted. There are only 13 miles of trails, but all 18 canyons, as well as the butte are all within that short spans. It makes really great hiking when everything is so close together.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CLEAR.WATER.SKY. FORUMS
Recreation & Family